Sorry for the delay in publishing these:
Permanent or Preliminary
All over the other side!
1. BELGIUM - Thornton Bank to Westpit - Works. Wind farm. Restricted area. Buoyage. - a Preliminary notice issued by the UKHO copying Belgium Notices - Image (and all the others) on my usual page:
2. BELGIUM - Oostende - Light. - deletion of the starboard old mole light at the Oostende Harbour;
3. FRANCE - North Coast - Dunkerque N - Wrecks. - A wreck previously though dangerous now shown as at 14.7m. Amid the offshore petty channels off Dunkerque.
Just a few - groans....
1. Temporary Mooring Installation Works – River Stour - on or around the 6th of April 2018 temporary trot moorings will be positioned in the River Stour taking up approx. 1nm. This is south side of the Stour twix the Stour No 1 and Erwarton South Cardinal: Mooring work deployment should be completed by the 11th of April 2018. It is anticipated that the temporary moorings will be removed by the 30th of June 2018;
2. Harwich Harbour Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - on or about the 10th April 2018 the dredger Sospan Dau will commence maintenance dredging in the harbour, for a period of approximately 4 days. Materials will be disposed of to the beneficial sites in the River Stour and River Orwell. Image on my Temporary List;
3. Harwich Harbour Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - on or about the 6th April 2018 the plough dredger AFON GOGH will commence maintenance dredging of the Harwich Haven berths and approaches for a period of approximately 10 days. On or about the 7th April 2018 the trailer dredger VICTOR HORTA will commence maintenance dredging of the Harwich Haven Approaches for a period of approximately 7 days. Material from these areas will be disposed to the Inner Gabbard disposal site;
4. Crouch - Dredging Operations - Essex Marina have now completed their Maintenance Dredging Operations in the approach to and within Essex Marina, Wallasea Island, Essex;
5. LOWESTOFT – DREDGING ACTIVITIES APRIL - dredging activities are scheduled for Lowestoft - Vessel UKD SEAHORSE – Due to commence work at Lowestoft on or around 02/04/18. Expected duration of works: 9 days. Normal working hours: 0700-1900hrs. Vessel UKD ORCA – Due to commence work at Lowestoft on or around 05/04/18. Expected duration of works: 6 days. Normal working hours: 24/7. The dredgers will be working in both Lowestoft Inner and Outer Harbour areas
6. LOWESTOFT INNER HARBOUR – MARINE SAMPLING ACTIVITIES - survey operations are scheduled for Lowestoft Inner Harbour Area week commencing 9th April for Surface Samples and Vibrocore Samples between 3 and 5 days and week commencing 16th April for Grab, wall scrape, and fish trawl sampling anticipated to take between 3 and 5 days - two images on the Temporary List;
7. Port of Wells - dredging operations in the main channel North of number 7 buoy, between buoys 7 & 5;
8. NO. 6 RAMSGATE APPROACH BUOY - is currently unlit; this will be reinstated as soon as possible;
9. RAMSGATE EAST PIER OCCULTING LIGHT - as of the 5th April 2018, to discontinue operation of the East Pier Head – Occulting W 10s light in Ramsgate Harbour.
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Yantlet Channel - Depths. - Four reduced depths in the Yantlet Channel. Two affect the Small Craft Crossing points but at a minimum of 10m+ hardly likely to worry leisure craft!;
2. ENGLAND - South Coast - Port of Dover - Eastern Arm E - Buoy. - Small move of the yellow special buoy marking the historic wreck just outside of the eastern entrance of Dover Harbour.;
3. BELGIUM - Oosthinder - Depths. - Six reduced depths on the Oosthinder and environs. All depths still over 9+M at least unlikely to hinder leisure craft.
All with images of course at: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
1. BUGSBY’S REACH - BLACKWALL POINT SPECIAL MARK AND CONTROL MEASURES - Control measures will be put in place to facilitate the safe arrival, departure and berthing of ships over 210m LOA at Greenwich Ship Tier during specified dates - This is the passage of the Cruise Ships in and out - restricted area during movements;
2. Exciting new news Port of Wells - Change to Buoy on Bar End North - URGENT - There has been a change to the buoy at the Bar End North (North Outer). The red can buoy has been replaced with a yellow buoy Fl Y 2.5s. This buoy is being trialled for four months to help identify the buoy from seaward. The special mark will be positioned at the bar end and will have safe water on all sides for passing. The yellow special mark will have a flashing sequence Fl Y 2.5s. Lat Long = North Outer Bar 52°59'.419N 000°50'.501E - See image on the Temporary List - same page as above.... and then;
3. Port of Wells - Dredging.
Not really an NtM - London Array Wind Farm - Last week I couldn't get access to the regular Notices; some issue with their web site page. It seems from this weeks notice there might have been a problem in Foulger's Gat. The Stemar 82 - Cable Ship was anchored adjacent to Turbine B16 which is just off from Foulger's but as it requires a 750m exclusion zone cos it's anchor spread is wide. But it seems it has finished with that and is now working 'in-field' on row G which is away from Foulger's. They issue a regular request for all craft entering to have a prior call to a LAL vessel.
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Lowestoft SE - Obstructions. - Ten new obstructions identifying in and around the intended East Anglia One Wind Farm. Images of course on: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. BELGIUM - Broers Bank - Buoyage. - A new yellow special mark on the Broers Bank (adjacent to the Trapegeer channel) and two existing buoys re-designated. Should be out of the way;
3. BELGIUM - Oostende - Buoy. - A yellow spherical wave recorder buoy just inside the Oostende Harbour entrance (east side);
4. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Ramsgate - Light. - The UKHO are confirming the local Ramsgate NtM reported in week 16 vide local NtM 7 of 2018. The east Pier Head light now deleted;
5. ENGLAND - East Coast - River Stour - Mooring buoys. - In connection with the East Anglia Offshore windfarm project, lit mooring buoys have been established for a nm: Four pipelines will be positioned at the mooring buoys. Mooring at the buoys is prohibited without permission from the Harbour Master.
1. Harwich Harbour Update - Non-routine towage operation planned for the 23rd of April 2018 has been re scheduled to arrive on the 24th of April 2018. Four 1000m pipelines will be towed abreast into the Haven and moored on the temporary moorings placed in the River Stour as per the Notice to Mariners above. It is expected that the pipelines will arrive at the Guard buoy at approximately 06:45 hrs. The tow will be restricted in its ability to manoeuvre and all vessels are to keep well clear. The tow will require a clear channel.
2. Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - on or about the 23rd April 2018 the plough dredger MPR1 will commence maintenance dredging of the Harwich Haven berths and approaches for a period of approximately 12 days.
3. Port of Wells - dredging.
Just the one:
ENGLAND - East Coast - River Medway and The Swale - Drying heights. Depths. - One reduced depth in the ‘maintained’ area of the Isle of Grain jetty, two new drying heights in the Otterham Creek, one reduced depth in the Medway upriver of the Medway Bridge (no image available) and three new drying heights at the entrance and in Faversham Creek.
1. NW Roughs Tower Light Buoy [West Cardinal YBY VQ(9)] has been reported as damaged and leaning over.
2. Harwich Harbour Maintenance dredging – Harwich Haven berths and approaches - on or about the 29th April 2018 the trailer suction dredger UILENSPIEGEL will commence maintenance dredging of the Harwich Haven berths and Approaches for a period of approximately 7 days, disposed to the Inner Gabbard disposal site.
3. Burnham Yacht Harbour Marina Ltd have now completed their Maintenance Dredging Operations in the approach to and within Burnham Yacht Harbour.
4. LOWESTOFT BASCULE BRIDGE - TEMPORARY CLOSURE TO MARINE TRAFFIC - undergoing routine maintenance on Wednesday 9th May 2018 at 2000hrs until Thursday 10th May 2018 at 0500hrs. During this period it will not be possible to open the bridge for Marine Traffic. There will be no routine small boat openings for the duration of this maintenance work period.
5. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – PILING WORKS HAMILTON DOCK - pile removal and installation operations are scheduled for Hamilton Dock on commencing Wed 25th April – duration up to 3 weeks. Removal of 5 existing pile sections that supported previously removed pontoon sections and installation of 6 new piles to support new pontoons scheduled for installation at the West end of Hamilton Dock.
6. Port of Wells - dredging.
7. The Wash - Approaches to Kings Lynn - Amendments to Buoyage - due to changes in the profile of the approach channel amendments will take place on or about 2nd May 2018: chart extract showing proposed changes to buoyage at the usual page in the Temporary list: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html Mariners are advised that commercial shipping may be encountered outside of the buoyed channel in this vicinity until the buoys are moved and are requested to give the buoying vessel “St Edmund” a wide berth and pass at minimum speed whilst works to move the buoys are being undertaken.
8. Margate Harbour - Mark Buoy - the yellow spherical mark buoy, placed north of the temporary sculpture at Margate Harbour, will be removed for repair until further notice.
9. Ramsgate Harbour - DREDGING CAMPAIGN - the Grab Dredger ‘Mannin’ will be undertaking a dredging campaign within the Aggregate Berth at the Port of Ramsgate, from w/c 23rd April 2018 for 2 weeks.
10. Margate Harbour - the unlit beacon to the North of the Stone Pier at Margate Harbour will be off station until further notice.
11. NO. 6 RAMSGATE APPROACH BUOY - the issue with No. 6 Ramsgate Approach buoy has been resolved and is now lit.
East Anglia One WindFarm - now found the web site so here's a few:
12. East Anglia One Guard Vessel - Glomar Drifa shall commence Guard vessel duties within the windfarm limits bounded by the EA ONE construction buoyage on the 10th March 2018 until further notice. The Guard vessel Drifa can be contacted on VHF CH16 and VHF CH6.
13. East Anglia One Heavy Lift Vessel - the Bokalift-1 shall commence works within the windfarm limits bounded by the EA ONE construction buoyage on the 24th March 2018 until further notice. The Bokalift-1 can be contacted on VHF CH16 and via Guard Vessel Glomar Drifa. The Bokalift-1 will be carrying out pile driving operations around 1200kj impact. The Bokalift-1 will commence piling operations inside the CDM area of East Anglia 1 Windfarm.
14. East Anglia One Scour protection vessel - Nordenes shall commence scour protection rock placement by fall pipe within the windfarm limits bounded by the EA ONE construction buoyage on the 17th March 2018 until further notice. The Nordenes will complete rock placement at all turbine locations within EA ONE.
15. East Anglia One Near Shore Diving. - the DSV Edradour is expected to commence diving operations at the East Anglia One near Shore export cable route (No date given!). The vessel will be conducting diving operations in the near shore area off the coast of Bawdsey and will display the correct lights and shapes associated with this type of operation. The vessel can be contacted on VHF channel 16 throughout and will require s 500m radius exclusion zone with permission to enter being given direct between the vessels.
Images and chart available on the quoted web page.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary